There are a number of ways you can pay your contributions so choose the option that suits you best. Read on to see our various payment methods, plus some Frequently Asked Questions around refunds and payment security.
Ways to make a payment
This is our most flexible and convenient payment method, as your contributions are automatically deducted from your bank account or credit card on a frequency that suits you. You can choose to pay fortnightly, monthly, quarterly, half-yearly (save 2%) or yearly (save 4%). If you would like to switch to paying by direct debit at any stage in your relationship with us, simply download a Direct Debit Request form or call us on 1300 13 40 60. For credit card payments, we accept Visa, Mastercard, Diners Club and American Express.
If you need to make a one-off credit card payment at any stage (for example, if your contributions have fallen behind), you can do so within our Online Member Centre
If you'd prefer to pay your HIF contributions manually, we can send you an invoice when your contribution is due. For paper-based invoices, you can opt to pay monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or yearly, and you can pay your invoice in a variety of ways:
- Pay online: Our Billpay code is 0639, our BPAY code is 2543 and you’ll find your customer reference number noted within the BPAY section of your invoice. Alternatively, login to our Member Centre and your reference number will be listed there.
- Pay at the Post Office: You can pay your invoice at any Australia Post branch.
- Pay by phone: Simply call POSTbillpay on 13 18 16.
- Pay by mail: Just detach the payment slip at the bottom of your membership renewal and send it to HIF, GPO Box X2221, Perth, WA 6847 (enclosing a cheque, money order or your credit card information).
We have payroll agreements in place with many organisations so please contact us on 1300 13 40 60 to arrange your payments or find out if your employer or membership organisation (e.g. Perth Wildcats) is a registered client of HIF.
Important Note for Overseas Visitors
When purchasing one of our Overseas Visitors Cover options, your initial 'activation payment' will be deducted immediately upon submitting your membership application. This instant payment is required by HIF in order to instantly generate your Visa Compliance Letter, and you can choose pay via PayPal or credit card (processed via SecurePay, one of the safest and reliable online payment gateways in Australia). All future payments will then be debited from your bank account or credit card as per our Direct Debit Service Agreement
Q. What happens if I miss a payment?
If there are insufficient funds in your account when a debit is processed:
- you may be charged a fee and/or interest by your financial institution;
- you may also incur fees or charges imposed or incurred by us (not exceeding $50 per rejection);
- we will be entitled to recover any premiums in arrears by increasing the amount of any one or more debit
- payments until all premiums in arrears are paid; and
- we may, at our absolute discretion, remove you from the direct debit system and, in addition to any other course of action we may have in respect of your membership, we shall issue you with a notice of rejection and a renewal notice.
You should check your account statement to verify that the amounts debited from your account are correct.
Q. What are my refund entitlements?
A. When you first apply for HIF health insurance, your refund entitlements are as follows:
- For Australian citizens & residents: A 'Cooling Off Period' of 30 days applies to your new policy. If you decide during this time that you don't wish to take up the cover after all, you can cancel the policy and HIF will give you a full refund (provided you haven't made a claim during that first 30 days of membership).
- For visitors and temporary residents on Overseas Visitors Cover: A non-refundable two month minimum cover duration applies to all Overseas Visitors Cover products. However, if a future dated policy application is cancelled due to a visa not being granted, we'll refund any premiums you have already pre-paid for your health insurance, minus a $50 admin fee.
For existing Members wishing to leave HIF, we'll refund any monies paid beyond your nominated cancellation date. Please note that refunds can take up to 14 days to process, so please don't worry if you don't see it on your account statement immediately.
Q. Are my payment details secure and confidential?
Yes. We maintain strict administrative, technical and physical safeguards, designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We use SSL encryption across our website, and all online payments are compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). PCI DSS is mandated globally and governed by the PCI Security Standards Council.
We also take confidentiality very seriously, and keep any information (including your account details listed on our Direct Debit Request Form) strictly confidential. We'll make reasonable efforts to keep any such information that we have about you secure and to ensure that any of our employees or agents who have access to information about you do not make any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information. We'll only disclose information that we have about you: (a) to the extent specifically required by law; or (b) for the purposes of this agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim).